JEFFREY S. EINSOHN
PRACTICE & EXPERIENCE
Jeff’s practice focuses on civil litigation and appeals, including business disputes, trust and estate disputes, and professional malpractice. Jeff has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in breach of contract actions, partnership dissolutions, trademark infringement cases, bankruptcy adversary proceedings, employment disputes, franchise arbitration, fraud, and attorney negligence cases. He also advises his clients on investigations and transactional matters.
SELECTIVE REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Represented a Silicon Valley real estate entrepreneur in multiple disputes with investors resulting in client gaining complete ownership of more than $20 million in multifamily property without any out-of-pocket investment.
- Represented a bankruptcy trustee of a gold mining company as special litigation counsel to investigate a leveraged takeover of a productive gold mine.
- Represented a national financial institution in successfully asserting multiple malpractice claims against its former counsel.
- Defended owners of an aerospace manufacturing company through trial and post-trial proceedings in an ownership and breach of contract dispute resulting in no damages paid or loss of ownership.
- Obtained an award in favor of franchisor client on all claims and crossclaims in weeklong breach of contract and franchise termination arbitration brought by franchisee.
- Represented trust beneficiaries against a trustee who stole the assets of a large family estate resulting in confessed judgment in favor of beneficiaries, $70,000 in sanction against trustee, and referral of trustee to the state bar by a federal judge.
- Represented court appointed special administrator and recovered ownership of controversial sculpture by famous artist in cross-border litigation in both California and Switzerland.
- Obtained judgment for significant unpaid wages and penalties in employee misclassification case.
- Handled multiple civil appeals from initial review through briefing and oral argument.
ADMISSIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Jeff is admitted to practice in all California and Nevada State Courts, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Central, and Northern Districts of California, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada.
Jeff earned his Juris Doctor from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2008 with a certificate in intellectual property law. Prior to attending law school, he graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz with a Bachelor’s Degree in Neuroscience and Behavior.